BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I like to bear my testimony...

Stu sent us his testimony for christmas and it is so amazing I wanted to post it on his blog for everyone to read....We love you Stu and we are so proud of you and the amazing missionary and person that you are!! You are always in our thoughts and prayers.
So here is his testimony...
This is my testimony; it may not be much but the things I do say I mean with all my heart. I know that my savior lives, what comfort that sweet sentence gives and I know he knows me. He has helped me all my life, every time I get down I think about him and know that from the garden to the cross he walked a mile in my shoes. We went to a families house for dinner and she hand signed a song for us and when it got to Jesus Christ, the sign for that is you put your finger in the middle of your hand. When she did that the spirit hit me so hard, the finger in the middle of her had was the nail going into his hand. I stopped watching for a minute and let my mind think about that one sign it was amazing the feeling I got and this is what came to my mind. what if I had enough faith to heal the blind? Then I asked myself what is faith? How do i gain faith? My companion gave me the scripture about the mustard seed and after reading it I asked my companion, hey is this what it means? I told him what I thought and his is like is that what you think it means? I'm like ya then he goes to the bible dictionary and he looks up parables and it says the parable conveys to the hearer religious truth exactly in proportion to his faith and intelligence. Now I pondered about this forever about the parable of the seed and what it means to me. I prayed all night and no I did not ger me answer from any angel but from the Holy Ghost the next day. We went over to a mans house and his is blind now remember what I said at the beginning... I said what if I had enough faith to heal the blind? After praying all night and getting my answer I am sure I know what faith is and that day was the high of my faith, nothing could shake it. Back to the story, the guy lets us in and he starts talking to me about my eye and how I feel the spirit hits me and I say to him I look at mine as a blessing and I am happy to have this trial. I used to pray every day that the lord would take this cup from me, then I changed my way of looking at it and I thought how much this has increased my faith in the lord. I look to him for help when I get nervous about it and when I cant do something because of it, I always turn to the lord for help and I know that at the last day I will have so much faith that Jesus will fix it that when he lays his hands on my head and says you will be healed according to your faith and I will say I have the faith savior. I cant wait for that day after saying this the man asked for a blessing and I was like this is my chance to heal the blind and I did heal the blind that day. No he didnt get up and see but he now is healed from looking at it in a negative way. He now looks at it as a blessing like I do, I truly healed this man my faith is unshakable. I know that through my savior all things are possible I cant tell you how happy I am to be in the service of my Lord. The savior spent his life on a mission and I am only asked to go for 2 years but sometimes I find myself saying this is hard or why do I have to do that? Then I think this is not about me, my job as a missionary is to invite others to come to Christ and I have the chance to change somebodys life. I love the work so much I have grown so much I can only keep going up and I plan to. I also have a great testimony of my family I would have never come and had this chance to grow if nor for great examples like you. I would have been lost in life, I know my mission will change my life so thank you so much for all of the support I love you all and I leave this with you hopeing you will take something from it. Faith is a huge thing in my life and I hope it is in yours too. I love you with all my heart in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

* What an amazing little brother I have!! What an amazing missionary he is and what an amazing man he is becoming I am so blessed to have such a kindred spirit in my life I am blessed with an amazing family all around me!! I love you so much brother and I am so so very proud of you!

Go in Faith Return with Honor,
Elder Hensley

0 comments: